A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Yeah. We should have all stayed home barefoot and pregnant. Right?
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago