A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago