Here's further proof that "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" was a grand misnomer: the House Ways and Means Committee has released a report revealing that the healthcare reform law provides financial incetives for companies to drop insurance coverage. The employer mandate -- requiring that companies with over 50 employees either offer insurance of a certain value or pay a fine -- actually makes it cheaper for these companies to pay the fine.
The promise that you can keep your plan if you like it? Well...that's not up to you, is it?
In total, the 71...
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 18 minutes ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 57 minutes ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 4 hours ago