Democrats are merely playing politics. They know that the bill isn't going anywhere, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid himself voted against the measure. The Washington Post explains this, saying that Reid's move is "a procedural tactic that will allow him to call the measure back...
In response to:
DISCLOSE just says disclose your donors. What's cheating about that?
The DISCLOSE Act failed to meet cloture in Senate debate today, garnering 51 of the needed 60 votes to move the legislation forward. Increased regulation of political speech has been a goal of the Democratic Party ever since the Supreme Court overturned parts of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law in Citizens United.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 9 hours ago