Democrats are merely playing politics. They know that the bill isn't going anywhere, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid himself voted against the measure. The Washington Post explains this, saying that Reid's move is "a procedural tactic that will allow him to call the measure back...
In response to:
DISCLOSE just says disclose your donors. What's cheating about that?
The DISCLOSE Act failed to meet cloture in Senate debate today, garnering 51 of the needed 60 votes to move the legislation forward. Increased regulation of political speech has been a goal of the Democratic Party ever since the Supreme Court overturned parts of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law in Citizens United.
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 16 hours ago