Democrats are merely playing politics. They know that the bill isn't going anywhere, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid himself voted against the measure. The Washington Post explains this, saying that Reid's move is "a procedural tactic that will allow him to call the measure back...
In response to:
DISCLOSE just says disclose your donors. What's cheating about that?
The DISCLOSE Act failed to meet cloture in Senate debate today, garnering 51 of the needed 60 votes to move the legislation forward. Increased regulation of political speech has been a goal of the Democratic Party ever since the Supreme Court overturned parts of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law in Citizens United.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago