There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Without the dumping or stuffing of ballot boxes by Mayor Daley and his thugs, Nixon would have won the election. Eisenhower knew this, Truman knew this, Hoover knew this, as did the Kennedy clan. The three former presidents urged Nixon not to fight the obvious fraud. We were at the height of the Cold War and revelations of such corruption would have played right into the Kremlin's propaganda machine. Notice that two of the former presidents were Republican and one a Democrat. Back then our politicians did what was good for the country, not the party. Not anymore.
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago