There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Without the dumping or stuffing of ballot boxes by Mayor Daley and his thugs, Nixon would have won the election. Eisenhower knew this, Truman knew this, Hoover knew this, as did the Kennedy clan. The three former presidents urged Nixon not to fight the obvious fraud. We were at the height of the Cold War and revelations of such corruption would have played right into the Kremlin's propaganda machine. Notice that two of the former presidents were Republican and one a Democrat. Back then our politicians did what was good for the country, not the party. Not anymore.
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 11 mins ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago