There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Without the dumping or stuffing of ballot boxes by Mayor Daley and his thugs, Nixon would have won the election. Eisenhower knew this, Truman knew this, Hoover knew this, as did the Kennedy clan. The three former presidents urged Nixon not to fight the obvious fraud. We were at the height of the Cold War and revelations of such corruption would have played right into the Kremlin's propaganda machine. Notice that two of the former presidents were Republican and one a Democrat. Back then our politicians did what was good for the country, not the party. Not anymore.
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago