When Duranty's whitewashing of Stalin's Reign of Terror was exposed, the NYT refused to revoke his award, citing some bs about journalistic integrity. Several years ago, the Walter Duranty Award was created for those special writers "who have allowed their desire to be chic....to be popular kids with the political in-crowd, to overshadow everything they do and to warp their writing beyond the normal bias into outright distortion and propaganda." The first recipients were Anna Wintour and Joan Beck, who did that glowing profile of the chic wife of Syrian dictator Assad, Asma, who would prance around Damascus in Loubiton designer shoes, handing out bread to the people made poor by the regime's repressive policies. The red-soled shoes were ideal to hide any blood she might step in on the streets.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014