Because it was "2016," the film in which conservative author Dinesh D'Souza warns of a dark future for America if Barack Obama is re-elected. The film's producer, Gerald Molen, who already won an Oscar for "Schindler's List," was scandalized. "The action confirms my opinion that the bias against anything from a conservative point of view is dead...
No, the actual point is, why do you care about an awards ceremony that you don't even regard as legitimate? Awards are based on the opinions of a small group of people. Why do you need them to validate your own opinion of a movie? If you like the movie, fine. Why do the opinions of a bunch of people you will never meet matter to you?
The cabal that chooses the 15 nominees for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature has issued its 2013 selections. Why was the top-grossing documentary of 2012 -- and the fourth most-successful documentary of all time - not on that expansive list?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago