Because it was "2016," the film in which conservative author Dinesh D'Souza warns of a dark future for America if Barack Obama is re-elected. The film's producer, Gerald Molen, who already won an Oscar for "Schindler's List," was scandalized. "The action confirms my opinion that the bias against anything from a conservative point of view is dead...
So, the only thing that should matter is the box office? That is what makes a film great? The Avengers is the top grossing film of 2012, should it be an Oscar contender and winner? Also, the top grossing documentary of all time is Fahrenheit 9/11, a highly biased and political documentary. It also wasn't nominated for an Oscar. Using your argument, I guess we should all be upset that it didn't win. Box office does not equal quality. If it did, then we would have to consider the Twilight films and the Transformer movies as great cinema.
The cabal that chooses the 15 nominees for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature has issued its 2013 selections. Why was the top-grossing documentary of 2012 -- and the fourth most-successful documentary of all time - not on that expansive list?
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 20 minutes ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 50 minutes ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 4 hours ago