Because it was "2016," the film in which conservative author Dinesh D'Souza warns of a dark future for America if Barack Obama is re-elected. The film's producer, Gerald Molen, who already won an Oscar for "Schindler's List," was scandalized. "The action confirms my opinion that the bias against anything from a conservative point of view is dead...
So, the only thing that should matter is the box office? That is what makes a film great? The Avengers is the top grossing film of 2012, should it be an Oscar contender and winner? Also, the top grossing documentary of all time is Fahrenheit 9/11, a highly biased and political documentary. It also wasn't nominated for an Oscar. Using your argument, I guess we should all be upset that it didn't win. Box office does not equal quality. If it did, then we would have to consider the Twilight films and the Transformer movies as great cinema.
The cabal that chooses the 15 nominees for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature has issued its 2013 selections. Why was the top-grossing documentary of 2012 -- and the fourth most-successful documentary of all time - not on that expansive list?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 4 hours ago