Knowledge isn't power. Of what use is learning things that are useless? Simply keeping students in school longer will gain them nothing unless that time is spent learning something valuable. I suggest that they spend some time learning things such as mathematics, science, English, history and physical education along with other life skills such as home economics and shop.
Former Obama OMB director Peter Orszag is worried that summer is making American children "dumber and fatter." It takes him a while to concede that the children for whom this is primarily true are those of "low socioeconomic status."
But wait a minute: Back in April,Orszag also called for an end to the 3 pm school day -- for all children.
In other words, in Orszag's world, school should go longer every day AND take place for more of the...
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014