Knowledge isn't power. Of what use is learning things that are useless? Simply keeping students in school longer will gain them nothing unless that time is spent learning something valuable. I suggest that they spend some time learning things such as mathematics, science, English, history and physical education along with other life skills such as home economics and shop.
Former Obama OMB director Peter Orszag is worried that summer is making American children "dumber and fatter." It takes him a while to concede that the children for whom this is primarily true are those of "low socioeconomic status."
But wait a minute: Back in April,Orszag also called for an end to the 3 pm school day -- for all children.
In other words, in Orszag's world, school should go longer every day AND take place for more of the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago