Knowledge isn't power. Of what use is learning things that are useless? Simply keeping students in school longer will gain them nothing unless that time is spent learning something valuable. I suggest that they spend some time learning things such as mathematics, science, English, history and physical education along with other life skills such as home economics and shop.
Former Obama OMB director Peter Orszag is worried that summer is making American children "dumber and fatter." It takes him a while to concede that the children for whom this is primarily true are those of "low socioeconomic status."
But wait a minute: Back in April,Orszag also called for an end to the 3 pm school day -- for all children.
In other words, in Orszag's world, school should go longer every day AND take place for more of the...
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago