I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
nodeamass Wrote: 5 minutes ago (12:39 AM) Fair enough. Also, refuse to cut social programs, which also hurts the middle class. ------ In 1921, Harding cut government spending by 50% and taxes on the rich from 70% to 25%. During the 1920's, the medium wage of all Americans increased by 16%. Under Obama who has increased government spending from $250 billion under Bush to $1.3 trillion under Obama and increased taxes on everyone, the medium wage of Americans has decreased by $4500. Facts: Things the Left hates!
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 3 hours ago