That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
HR, When you have more Takers than Makers demanding ever more from the Makers, such Marxism always collapses.
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago