That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
HR, When you have more Takers than Makers demanding ever more from the Makers, such Marxism always collapses.
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 19 hours ago