That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
HR, When you have more Takers than Makers demanding ever more from the Makers, such Marxism always collapses.
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago