Any strike on Iran should target their oil export facilities, in addition to nuclear and regime targets. I don't think the Iran gov't welcomes these prospects, the "realists" think they can weather any actions likely to be taken, and the fundamentalists are willing to sacrifice Iranian interests for the sake of bringing on the final battle and the hidden immam. To suppose that America interests would not be threatened by the conflict, or the prospect of a nuclear-armed Iran, would be delusional. One airburst at high altitude could take out most of the N. American electrical grid. George, your analysis was brilliant, until you got to these points, and you really missed them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 7 hours ago