Kenneth416 wrote: While I will not be affected by the increase in the marginal rate of taxation of salaries and wages from the current 35% to 39.6% (as under the Clinton-era), I doubt that it will have a serious effect on the behavior of the highest earners. Note that, for a high earner who earns $1M, the additional income tax will be only $46,000, less than the cost of the luxury Mercedes or Lexus he or she drives (and which is probably provided by his/her employer, anyway). The real bite comes in the tax on Dividends and Cap Gains, where the...
Ransom's answer to Upwithromney was correct, but neglected another factoid: China's income inequality today is greater than it was in the 1940's.
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago