I think a few liberal judges tarred, featherd, and run out of town on a rail will get the message across.

Hollywood Plays Around With Virginity

Kepha Wrote: Aug 02, 2014 10:59 AM
Very, very accurate.

Let Us Now Praise Democratic Hypocrisy

Kepha Wrote: Aug 01, 2014 10:53 AM
Well, re jus solis citizenship, I don't think we should do away with it. We are then forced to not only go through the cumbersome process of Constitutional amendment, but also work out a new law of citizenship. Further, I'm so reactionary that part of me thinks that "gay rights" ought to be due process of law before stoning.
Good ideas, but as long as radical feminism, free love, and the LGBT agenda are the sacrosanct official religions of the USA, it won't happen.

WWI, the Not So Great War

Kepha Wrote: Jul 31, 2014 9:23 AM
My father, alov ha sholom, remembered World War I and its aftermath. He had first cousins in both the German and British armies (thanks to the peripatetic character of certain Central European demographic groups in the late 19th century), and vicious prejudices against German-Americans in the aftermath. The uncle of my mother, Gud hville henne, also served, and was one of the lucky ones to come home.. As the nursery of the great dictators, World War I unleashed many, many demons lurking in the recesses of the Western soul, demons which dominated the rest of the 20th century and which are still not exorcised. Let's go into collective mourning for a lost Western civilization and thankfulness that some survived, rather than into a celebration of heroics.

Are the Hamptons the Next Sanctuary City?

Kepha Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 8:44 AM
The Hamptons would be an ideal sanctuary. It would give all the Leftist glitterati who live there an opportunity to show how truly loving,caring, and compassionate they are towards a needy population of troubled youth--especially since Pew Research finds that 90%+ of these "children" are actually teenagers.

Misplaced Mercy In Arizona Execution Drama

Kepha Wrote: Jul 27, 2014 11:07 PM
I've been put under twice in my life. Wharden, you're probably right that an anesthesiologist could put someone to death painlessly; but would your average Joe Anesthesiologist be willing to do such a job? I suspect that a very large proportion of anesthesiologists--if not the overwhelming majority--signed on to put people to sleep temporarily, and make sure they'd wake up after a safe interval. They'd probably think killing someone a perversion of their skills.

Misplaced Mercy In Arizona Execution Drama

Kepha Wrote: Jul 27, 2014 11:01 PM
Very good, Corbett. I also think too often, law in this country is more about the lawyer's craft rather than justice.

Misplaced Mercy In Arizona Execution Drama

Kepha Wrote: Jul 27, 2014 10:56 PM
Jesus accepted capital punishment to pay the price for our sins. He who knew no sin was made sin on our behalf, and bore our sins in his body on the tree (see the Corinthian Letters, First Peter, and Isaiah 53). Probably the first person to enter heaven under the New Testament also accepted that he deserved capital punishment for what he had done, but confessed Jesus as innocent (see Luke 23). Jim, neither you nor I have even the remotest chance of doing as Jesus did. The weight of it all would crush us like ants.
Disney ruins everything it gets its hands on. As the old German immigrant said on seeing the Disney version of the Three Little Pigs: Vot? Effryvun knows dot de lazy liddle piks gets itten! Dot's vot life ist!

What If Democracy Is a Fraud?

Kepha Wrote: Jul 25, 2014 5:51 PM
Way back in the 300's B.C., Aristotle noticed that "politeia"--rule by the many for the public good--can and does degenerate into "demokrateia"--when the majority uses its political power to rob and oppress the minority. I believe that Judge Napolitano has hit the nail on the head. We've reached that crisis here in the USA.