1) Romney's campaign message is essentially positive; Obama's is overwhelmingly negative. People always prefer promises of something better, but Americans are especially hungry now because times are very tough. Romney is offering concrete and realistic plans to help America grow again and create millions of new jobs. Romney's message and agenda appeal to all Americans, not just certain groups, and tell them they are not imprisoned in their current economic "station" as Obama would have them believe. Though Obama's promises...
David, we haven't given up. However, I'm pessimistic. Romney's running a lackluster, McCain-esque campaign, and we underestimate the number of Americans who have bought into the vision of a post-Christian, pansexualist, cradle-to-grave welfare state. Further, in these tough times, most people don't blame bad government policy, but succumb to envy towards those who are better off.
Call me Pollyannaish, but I believe Mitt Romney will defeat Barack Obama in November. Let me give you some of my reasons:
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago