There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
There may well have been fraud but Romney lost the election during the RNC when he and the GOP voided all the Ron Paul delegates. They lost about 15% of the Republican Party at that point. The most enthusiastic and motivated members of the party left and either stayed home on election day, wrote in Ron Paul, or voted for Gary Johnson. if you guys want to win an election, you better begin embracing the Tea Party and libertarians. The old order GOP has been clearly rejected. Please, for the sake of the country, nominate a true conservative and/or libertarian in 2016.
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago