There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
There may well have been fraud but Romney lost the election during the RNC when he and the GOP voided all the Ron Paul delegates. They lost about 15% of the Republican Party at that point. The most enthusiastic and motivated members of the party left and either stayed home on election day, wrote in Ron Paul, or voted for Gary Johnson. if you guys want to win an election, you better begin embracing the Tea Party and libertarians. The old order GOP has been clearly rejected. Please, for the sake of the country, nominate a true conservative and/or libertarian in 2016.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 6 hours ago