There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
There may well have been fraud but Romney lost the election during the RNC when he and the GOP voided all the Ron Paul delegates. They lost about 15% of the Republican Party at that point. The most enthusiastic and motivated members of the party left and either stayed home on election day, wrote in Ron Paul, or voted for Gary Johnson. if you guys want to win an election, you better begin embracing the Tea Party and libertarians. The old order GOP has been clearly rejected. Please, for the sake of the country, nominate a true conservative and/or libertarian in 2016.
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 4 hours ago