A cold shiver goes up my spine as I read your column, Mr. Goodman. I agree with you. Obviously things are not yet as bad as they have become in some places. We don't have gulags in Siberia. But I wish people would wake up to the reality you describe. The constitutional principles being violated are not trivial, and the creeping erosion of our rights will lead to the same place it has in China, Cuba, the Soviet Union, et al if we continue to be blasé, oblivious or dismissive about the direction we're heading. This "healthcare" act is an abomination, and it's important that more people wake up to the possibility you write about.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 13 hours ago