Among the biggest lies of the welfare states on both sides of the Atlantic is the notion that the government can supply the people with things they want but cannot afford. Since the government...
Dr. Sowell has again written a powerful column. How can anyone resist its beautiful logic? Then along comes Mattieohmalley spouting utterly foolish, non sequitur remarks, and I despair. The human condition is our destiny, unchanged over the length of recorded history. We are flawed in terms of intelligence and character. Whatever the insidious motives of Mattieohmalley might be we can only guess, but he is willing to throw a bomb knowing that it will kill our own children rather than acknowledge the simple truth that Dr. Sowell writes. And Dr. Sowell writes with no malice toward anyone and nothing in mind but the best outcome for everyone (Mattieohmalley included, of course). It's such a tragic shame.
The fact that so many successful politicians are such shameless liars is not only a reflection on them, it is also a reflection on us. When the people want the impossible, only liars can satisfy them, and only in the short run. The current outbreaks of riots in Europe show what happens when the truth catches up with both the politicians and the people in the long run.
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago