Yeah, Mr. Shedlock, but look at the money being made by Archer-Daniels-Middleton and the other big agri-businesses. There are a lot of rich (large) farmers in the mid-west thanks to the Congress enacting the ethanol subsidy, accompanied by the mandate for some minimum use. Remember, these were passed and signed into law by George W. Bush. So what if your corn flakes in the morning now cost $5 per serving? I like to think that, if corn had been a better source of fuel than crude oil, old Henry Ford would have discovered it in the early 1900's and the Model T would have had a corn crib and water tank built in to provide fuel.
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago