Yeah, Mr. Shedlock, but look at the money being made by Archer-Daniels-Middleton and the other big agri-businesses. There are a lot of rich (large) farmers in the mid-west thanks to the Congress enacting the ethanol subsidy, accompanied by the mandate for some minimum use. Remember, these were passed and signed into law by George W. Bush. So what if your corn flakes in the morning now cost $5 per serving? I like to think that, if corn had been a better source of fuel than crude oil, old Henry Ford would have discovered it in the early 1900's and the Model T would have had a corn crib and water tank built in to provide fuel.
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago