Yeah, Mr. Shedlock, but look at the money being made by Archer-Daniels-Middleton and the other big agri-businesses. There are a lot of rich (large) farmers in the mid-west thanks to the Congress enacting the ethanol subsidy, accompanied by the mandate for some minimum use. Remember, these were passed and signed into law by George W. Bush. So what if your corn flakes in the morning now cost $5 per serving? I like to think that, if corn had been a better source of fuel than crude oil, old Henry Ford would have discovered it in the early 1900's and the Model T would have had a corn crib and water tank built in to provide fuel.
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 2 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago