Yeah, Mr. Shedlock, but look at the money being made by Archer-Daniels-Middleton and the other big agri-businesses. There are a lot of rich (large) farmers in the mid-west thanks to the Congress enacting the ethanol subsidy, accompanied by the mandate for some minimum use. Remember, these were passed and signed into law by George W. Bush. So what if your corn flakes in the morning now cost $5 per serving? I like to think that, if corn had been a better source of fuel than crude oil, old Henry Ford would have discovered it in the early 1900's and the Model T would have had a corn crib and water tank built in to provide fuel.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 55 mins ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago