As much as I detest President Obama's policies (and, believe me, I DO), I can not in good faith blame him. Rather, it has been building over many years, starting at least as far back as LBJ's nutty Great Society ideas. With EITC, child tax credit, HSA's, IRA's, et al, we have come to the point where almost half of our people pay NO INCOME TAXES, and a substantial number actually get money FROM the IRS. Meanwhile, Obama's quest for more and bigger, better paid government has run amock, with Republicans unable to do much more than slow it down.
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago