As much as I detest President Obama's policies (and, believe me, I DO), I can not in good faith blame him. Rather, it has been building over many years, starting at least as far back as LBJ's nutty Great Society ideas. With EITC, child tax credit, HSA's, IRA's, et al, we have come to the point where almost half of our people pay NO INCOME TAXES, and a substantial number actually get money FROM the IRS. Meanwhile, Obama's quest for more and bigger, better paid government has run amock, with Republicans unable to do much more than slow it down.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago