What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
You are one confused dude. Facism and communism are both of the left because they revere the state over the individual. Fascists have a more nationalistic focus, often laced with race consciousness, and communism a more international focus rooted in class consciousness. As Hayek points out, communists and fascists moved easily between these two loyalties sincs they both represented a utopian vision of state power. Conservatives obviously reject both and limited government, with controls on the powers of the state in defense of individual liberty.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 5 hours ago