What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
You are one confused dude. Facism and communism are both of the left because they revere the state over the individual. Fascists have a more nationalistic focus, often laced with race consciousness, and communism a more international focus rooted in class consciousness. As Hayek points out, communists and fascists moved easily between these two loyalties sincs they both represented a utopian vision of state power. Conservatives obviously reject both and limited government, with controls on the powers of the state in defense of individual liberty.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 12 hours ago