What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
You are one confused dude. Facism and communism are both of the left because they revere the state over the individual. Fascists have a more nationalistic focus, often laced with race consciousness, and communism a more international focus rooted in class consciousness. As Hayek points out, communists and fascists moved easily between these two loyalties sincs they both represented a utopian vision of state power. Conservatives obviously reject both and limited government, with controls on the powers of the state in defense of individual liberty.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 12 hours ago