What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
You are one confused dude. Facism and communism are both of the left because they revere the state over the individual. Fascists have a more nationalistic focus, often laced with race consciousness, and communism a more international focus rooted in class consciousness. As Hayek points out, communists and fascists moved easily between these two loyalties sincs they both represented a utopian vision of state power. Conservatives obviously reject both and limited government, with controls on the powers of the state in defense of individual liberty.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago