What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
You are very confused. I don't where you dredged up your definition, but it certainly was not from an standard lexicon. According to Merriam Webster, fascism is: 1.often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition; or 2 a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control Operationally speaking, fascism and communism both share a reverence for the state above the individual..
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 23 mins ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago