Hey, at least they're bipartisan. For the uninitiated, the Texas Senator and conservative stalwart was born in Calgary, Canada -- prompting some to insist that he's not a "natural born citizen" and is therefore ineligible for the presidency. But there are only two types of citizens under the law: Natural born Americans (from birth), and naturalized Americans, who undergo the legal process of becoming a US citizen. Cruz never experienced the latter proceedings because he didn't need to; his mother was born and raised in Delaware, rendering Cruz an American citizen from the moment of his birth abroad. Meanwhile,...
So, Guy, this is an indictment of the people who doubt that Obama, who is using a bogus Social Security number and has sealed all of his academic records and has in the past claimed to be born in Kenya to a parent who was never a US citizen, with some liberal nutjobs trying to fend off a possible future GOP candidate? BTW, Guy, Obama was taken to Indonesia where his parents claimed citizenship for him and when he returned to the US there is no record of his mother reclaiming US citizenship for him. Why? Is it even remotely possible that he wasn't a US citizen to begin with? In case you don't remember McCain had his eligibility questioned, too, as he was born in the Canal Zone. I'm no fan of McCain but at least he isn't using a stolen SS#.
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago