We will see an enormous decision that must be made on the Bush income taxes and the payroll tax holiday, but what might provide more problems between the parties are the sequester spending cuts. Democrats do not want to admit that they have pushed sharp defense decreases upon the country as a "compromise" for raising the debt ceiling last time. It's surprising that...
In response to:
It is wishful thinking to believe that this fight is "far from over." The House can pass nothing. Harry Reid won't even let legislation that starts in the House get to the floor. Budgets will be by Continuing Resolution, and will only increase. The House will have the choice of raising taxes or letting the deficits spiral out of control. Cutting budgets will not be an option, as the budget will keep coming to a drop-dead date and the Republicans will have no option but to go along. The age of Reagan is officially over. Figure Republicans will not regain power until 2040. By that time, the nation will be bankrupt and probably a dictatorship, so there will be no return of small government.
There will be a lame duck session between Election Day 2012 and January 2013, when President Obama has his second inauguration and the next Congress takes office. And in that time, incredibly important policy must be decided.
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 34 mins ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Feds soliciting bids for production of four million ID cards for illegal immigrants — per year Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 3 hours ago