Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
Good article. It's time to break up the circular firing squad. Barack Obama wasn't re-elected because so many liberals showed up to vote; he won because so many conservatives didn't. Obama got seven million fewer votes than the first time. If seven million more had voted for Romney than for McCain, Romney would have won. But there were too many who thought he was "too liberal," or "too moderate", or they bought into the "a rich guy like him doesn't care about ordinary people like you."
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago