But how to do it? Attempts to repeal the law in the current Congress have fallen short. Flush with gains from the 2010 election that gave Republicans control of the House, the lower chamber made ObamaCare repeal Job #2. On January 19, 2011, H.R. 2, the “Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act,” passed the House on a 245-189 vote. In never...
Be prepared to offer to them an actual change in the filibuster rule. Carrot and stick. If they vote against a change in the filibuster rule, that becomes an issue when they're up for re-election. Re-election's not a gimme for a Democrat in Iowa, Colorado or Oregon--those are competitive states, and Iowa and Oregon are notable as "good government" states where an officeholder having one position when his party's in power and the opposite position when the other party's in power won't play well.
Anticipating victory in November’s elections, both parties are working up their legislative plans for 2013. Republicans, looking forward to regaining a Senate majority along with the White House, will have repeal of ObamaCare high on their list.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 5 hours ago