Mike Murphy is an astute observer of...
As a country, we are at a crossroad. If, like me, you believe in smaller, more efficient, and less intrusive government, simply vote for me on November 6th. On the other hand, if you believe in larger, more intrusive, government and the debt that comes with it, vote for my opponent. In either case your vote is now more important than ever. Thank-you and God Bless America."
We've all heard the objection that political conventions have become empty kabuki theater. The high drama of multiple ballots is dead and gone. Uncertainty about the outcome is no more. "Today," laments political guru Mike Murphy, "delegates are bound through the application of TV ad ratings points, not machine deals. They sit in the convention hall like the background actors in a TV show, milling about to the director's orders, wearing costumes and denied a single line. It seems a shabby ending to a great tradition. It's time for a mercy killing."
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 2 mins ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago