Mike Murphy is an astute observer of...
There are two ads that Romney needs to make that probably won't be done. Neither is negative but both I think would be effective: The first would be a simple ad with some of the people mentioned above giving their account. The second would be, a week or two before the election, an ad with Romney seated behind a desk (ala Reagan) saying to the American people something to the effect of : " i know you're tied of the political ads my opponent and I have been running, but I just have a few more words for you.
We've all heard the objection that political conventions have become empty kabuki theater. The high drama of multiple ballots is dead and gone. Uncertainty about the outcome is no more. "Today," laments political guru Mike Murphy, "delegates are bound through the application of TV ad ratings points, not machine deals. They sit in the convention hall like the background actors in a TV show, milling about to the director's orders, wearing costumes and denied a single line. It seems a shabby ending to a great tradition. It's time for a mercy killing."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 11 hours ago