Mike Murphy is an astute observer of...
There are two ads that Romney needs to make that probably won't be done. Neither is negative but both I think would be effective: The first would be a simple ad with some of the people mentioned above giving their account. The second would be, a week or two before the election, an ad with Romney seated behind a desk (ala Reagan) saying to the American people something to the effect of : " i know you're tied of the political ads my opponent and I have been running, but I just have a few more words for you.
We've all heard the objection that political conventions have become empty kabuki theater. The high drama of multiple ballots is dead and gone. Uncertainty about the outcome is no more. "Today," laments political guru Mike Murphy, "delegates are bound through the application of TV ad ratings points, not machine deals. They sit in the convention hall like the background actors in a TV show, milling about to the director's orders, wearing costumes and denied a single line. It seems a shabby ending to a great tradition. It's time for a mercy killing."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago