Mike Murphy is an astute observer of...
There are two ads that Romney needs to make that probably won't be done. Neither is negative but both I think would be effective: The first would be a simple ad with some of the people mentioned above giving their account. The second would be, a week or two before the election, an ad with Romney seated behind a desk (ala Reagan) saying to the American people something to the effect of : " i know you're tied of the political ads my opponent and I have been running, but I just have a few more words for you.
We've all heard the objection that political conventions have become empty kabuki theater. The high drama of multiple ballots is dead and gone. Uncertainty about the outcome is no more. "Today," laments political guru Mike Murphy, "delegates are bound through the application of TV ad ratings points, not machine deals. They sit in the convention hall like the background actors in a TV show, milling about to the director's orders, wearing costumes and denied a single line. It seems a shabby ending to a great tradition. It's time for a mercy killing."
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago