So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
But you said Obama is making the rich richer and the poor poorer.
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 19 hours ago