So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Yeah, Lois Lamebrain prefers sober politicians - such as Ted Kennedy.
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 20 mins ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago