So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Yeah, Lois Lamebrain prefers sober politicians - such as Ted Kennedy.
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 3 minutes ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago