So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Yeah, Lois Lamebrain prefers sober politicians - such as Ted Kennedy.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago