So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Yeah, Lois Lamebrain prefers sober politicians - such as Ted Kennedy.
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 47 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago