In response to:
"Don't you think that by only singling out compassion for this one type of law breaker they were implicitly asking for leniency -- AKA amnesty." I was present at the meeting where the resolution was adopted, and it most certainly was NOT a call for amnesty. "Ann Coulter offers up specific liberal evangelical voices that openly tout amnesty while cherry-picking biblical verse to try and support their views." She lost me when she branded David Uth as a liberal. She needs to do some research before she paints with such a broad brush. "Why is it ridiculous to point out their public compassion for the illegals while they ignore the compassion for those that pay the costs of these law-breakers?" That's only so much double talk. The church is simply ministering to people in need because that's the Christian thing to do.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago