In response to:
A few years ago the Southern Baptist Convention adopted a resolution that urged people to show compassion on illegal immigrants. The resolution was not intended as a call for amnesty, and explicitly said so. Yet some fire-eaters immediately jumped on the bandwagon and accused Southern Baptists of supporting amnesty for illegal immigrants. I'm as conservative as anyone on this site, but this column is downright ridiculous. Showing compassion for people is not the same as supporting amnesty. Some of you critics need to take a deep breath and avoid these knee-jerk reactions. You're making fools of yourselves.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 9 hours ago