In response to:
A few years ago the Southern Baptist Convention adopted a resolution that urged people to show compassion on illegal immigrants. The resolution was not intended as a call for amnesty, and explicitly said so. Yet some fire-eaters immediately jumped on the bandwagon and accused Southern Baptists of supporting amnesty for illegal immigrants. I'm as conservative as anyone on this site, but this column is downright ridiculous. Showing compassion for people is not the same as supporting amnesty. Some of you critics need to take a deep breath and avoid these knee-jerk reactions. You're making fools of yourselves.
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 27 minutes ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 3 hours ago