In response to:
A few years ago the Southern Baptist Convention adopted a resolution that urged people to show compassion on illegal immigrants. The resolution was not intended as a call for amnesty, and explicitly said so. Yet some fire-eaters immediately jumped on the bandwagon and accused Southern Baptists of supporting amnesty for illegal immigrants. I'm as conservative as anyone on this site, but this column is downright ridiculous. Showing compassion for people is not the same as supporting amnesty. Some of you critics need to take a deep breath and avoid these knee-jerk reactions. You're making fools of yourselves.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 10 hours ago