It pays to work for the government.
Just ask the teachers in the Westerly, Rhode Island school district. The school committee just agreed to a new union collective bargaining agreement that doubles teachers’ pay in nine years.
Perhaps all the news we’ve been hearing about government schools lacking funds has been exaggerated.
The pay raises will come through adjustments to the annual teacher “step salary” schedule. There will now be nine steps up the salary ladder instead of 11, and each step will pay teachers more money than in the past. A lot more, in fact.
According to the
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 58 mins ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago