Obama's belief that the public would warm up to his signature legislation once it became the law of the land has proven false. The current Kaiser Family Foundation poll reports that only...
Yes, clearly this is not about medical care or even about affording medical care. It does not require above average intelligence to understand it is more expensive to pay for both medical care and for several layers of bureaucracy to forward your payment to the doctor or hospital. I have never had health insurance. What I have had is prepaid medical care. I pay the insurance company and they pay for office visits. Since I can afford to pay for my own office visits, health insurance does not meet the definition of insurance at all. It is prepaid medical care and is more expensive because the health insurance industry has been the most profitable for decades. They must get those profits somewhere, maybe from me.
Those who thought ObamaCare was set in concrete by Chief Justice John Roberts' decision last June are in for a shock. December 14 is the new deadline (extended from November 16) for states to let the feds know, yea or nay, whether or not they will be setting up a health insurance exchange, which is the key to participating in the misnamed Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago