Well, all right, a nobody who thinks that if you work hard and save your money, you should not be able to spend it to get a room in an emergency rather than someone who did not work hard or did not save money. It is fuzzy thinking. Muggers think that way. You save your money so I can knock you on the head and take it, hey, I got to eat. Fuzzy or criminal thinking.
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago