Well, all right, a nobody who thinks that if you work hard and save your money, you should not be able to spend it to get a room in an emergency rather than someone who did not work hard or did not save money. It is fuzzy thinking. Muggers think that way. You save your money so I can knock you on the head and take it, hey, I got to eat. Fuzzy or criminal thinking.
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago