Well, all right, a nobody who thinks that if you work hard and save your money, you should not be able to spend it to get a room in an emergency rather than someone who did not work hard or did not save money. It is fuzzy thinking. Muggers think that way. You save your money so I can knock you on the head and take it, hey, I got to eat. Fuzzy or criminal thinking.
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 31 minutes ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 1 hour ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago