China: Xinhua reported that a preparatory meeting of the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party appointed Xi Jinping as the new Secretary-General of the Party.
Comment: Xi will be the new head of party and government, as expected. The Communist Party wants predictability and stability, which is why it was pleased with the outcome of the US presidential election.
Iran: On Wednesday Iran's leadership dismissed president Obama's reelection, suggesting that Tehran was not in the mood to start negotiations over its nuclear program any time soon.
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 4 hours ago