China: Xinhua reported that a preparatory meeting of the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party appointed Xi Jinping as the new Secretary-General of the Party.
Comment: Xi will be the new head of party and government, as expected. The Communist Party wants predictability and stability, which is why it was pleased with the outcome of the US presidential election.
Iran: On Wednesday Iran's leadership dismissed president Obama's reelection, suggesting that Tehran was not in the mood to start negotiations over its nuclear program any time soon.
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago