The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
I don't have a gun. But I would feel a lot safer with one than without one in a burglary situation. Remember, burglary is a major felony. Felons are dangerous. Also, the 2nd amendment is intended to allow us to protect ourselves from an out of control government. So, yes, people do need guns. KenC
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago