The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
I don't have a gun. But I would feel a lot safer with one than without one in a burglary situation. Remember, burglary is a major felony. Felons are dangerous. Also, the 2nd amendment is intended to allow us to protect ourselves from an out of control government. So, yes, people do need guns. KenC
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 17 hours ago