The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
I don't have a gun. But I would feel a lot safer with one than without one in a burglary situation. Remember, burglary is a major felony. Felons are dangerous. Also, the 2nd amendment is intended to allow us to protect ourselves from an out of control government. So, yes, people do need guns. KenC
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 12 hours ago