What About 'Black-on-Black Crime'?

Ken1984 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 1:30 PM
Indeed!!!! KenC

What About 'Black-on-Black Crime'?

Ken1984 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 1:23 PM
Wait a sec. I didn't see Al or the president calling in the attorney general every time there was a black on black shooting. I didn't see any rioting and looting by enraged black people in Chicago upset about the shootings. I didn't see any rage by the president, I didn't see the private talks by the president with the mothers of all those "kids" killed in Chicago. Did I miss something? And as for white police officers shooting a black person on the average of two times a week, that is pretty well besides the point unless the police do this without justification. The reality is that we have these big riots and yelling and inflammatory, racist BS far too often and a rush to judgement and to blame the police, and white people, any time the Democratic Party needs an issue, needs to distract from their screwups. Needs the black vote. I'm not ready to say that the president talking at a Chicago school in any way equates with the insinuations and race baiting that went on this week. And neither should you. If the evidence points to police abuse and unjustified actions, I'll be right out there with you yelling about injustice, be it against black, white or any other color. But until then, I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon. KenC
Yup, Uber fits in with my idea of Republican less-government, the better. And there is no doubt, taxi licensing has become a way of restricting business to a few in order to drive up the cost of taxies. It becomes a form of unionism. KenC
The more competition there is among CITIZENS of the United States, the better. The fewer stupid regulations, inspectors and government interference, the better. Uber actually helps a lot of people in the suburbs. I don't use it, but I applaud almost anything that evades the government regulatory gridlock. KenC

Am I The Only One Who Doesn’t Care?

Ken1984 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 7:19 AM
Yup, you are not the only one. It's just the usual circus, the usual suspects and the usual BS. And as someone else wrote: If you had to speculate which one of these guys was the most culpable: The cigar thief or the cop, I'd have to give the cop the benefit of the doubt. BUT, personally, I'd rather just wait for the evidence and the trial. And that is what the NYTimes and all the others should do as well. But I guess trial by press and TV gets better ratings and gives politicians a chance to preen. KenC

Policing a Riot

Ken1984 Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 9:55 PM
I'd say this manufactured "situation" was designed to keep people voting for Democrats in the upcoming election. Holder and co. would like to keep this thing hot through November. FYI, a black cop shot an unarmed white "child" in Salt Lake City about the same time. Wonder if Eric is heading that way to clear things up? Will Obama make a speech about it? Will whites riot? Curious readers want to know. KenC

The Great Racial Disconnect on Police

Ken1984 Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 9:51 PM
I sort of like the phrase "strong-arm" robbery. We say armed robbery when the robber has a weapon. Strong-arm makes clear that there is not an actual weapon but that the robbery involved physical force. KenC

The Great Racial Disconnect on Police

Ken1984 Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 8:36 AM
I can't even believe you wrote this sentence: "The only way to do that is to focus on the fact that police have no excuse to shoot anyone unless those people are committing criminal acts...." Police should not be shooting anyone even if they are "committing criminal acts". They should only be shooting anyone if that one is an immediate danger to the policeman himself or to the community. KenC
Yup, the feds have rushed in....but not to take the high ground. They want to take all of the ground. They, in fact, would like to grind the local and state authorities right out of the picture. Holder would like to guarantee that this IS a racial incident. That way he can push his only agenda: Race, race, race!!! KenC

In Ferguson, a Race to be Wrong

Ken1984 Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 8:17 AM
Yup, a lynching in the making. There isn't an issue in the world that racist Holder wouldn't blame on racism. There is never any question that Holder will not exploit any situation to blame whitey, or at least get a few billion bucks in extortion money from a "white" corporation to help out black causes if no black riots are on the horizon. Holder gives everyone a lot of confidence that justice will be done. No? KenC