1 - 7
The warmists want to restrict energy use and tax the world into mass starvation, thus reducing the impact of human beings. The deniers want leave things alone and let the climate change decimate human beings naturally. The result is the same, so who cares? The people who want to save the world don't want to save it for people.

Dave Says It's Matt's Universe, Not Dave's

Ken1588 Wrote: Jul 24, 2012 10:05 AM
If your goal is to pay off your credit cards and other debt and then save enough to enjoy life, you had better make sure your enjoyment involves a racking chair, because you will be too old for a boat. motorcycle or anything like that. Lifetime vs debt is a zero sum game. Haven't you figrured that out yet?

Live Free -- And Uninsured

Ken1588 Wrote: Jul 05, 2012 2:45 PM
I watched a good friend in the U.K. who died (bled to death) waiting for an operation to be scheduled under National Insurance. I recently lost a friend in Canada who had a triple bypass done ("free:") under their national health care law with bad procedures and inadequate blood thinner testing. In the good old USA, prior to Obamacare, my dad had a triple bypass at 63 and he is now 94. The difference shows.

Live Free -- And Uninsured

Ken1588 Wrote: Jul 05, 2012 2:39 PM
For me, turning my health over to the whims of a Federal bureaucracy is THE issue, not costs. Looking at the VA, Medicare and other similar services, it is impossible for me to go along with this plan. Interposing a federal hierarchy, distant, unapproachable and probably incompetent, between me and my doctor is anathema. My health is very much my business, not theirs, and no judge or law can change that.

Disagreeing with a Critic of Obamacare

Ken1588 Wrote: Jun 19, 2012 1:15 PM
No,the world didn't stop YET. However it is slowing down and getting anywhere is like pushing through molasses... Why did the early names listed in Genesis live so long and why did lives become so short thereafter? You have a narrow view of creation when you say we are intended to die around 80.

Disagreeing with a Critic of Obamacare

Ken1588 Wrote: Jun 19, 2012 1:10 PM
Insured people treat even minor complaints as priority calls on health services and see only their co-pays as the price. In other insured services, such as homeowners and auto, insured have more exposure to the consequences of claims. Anything that insulates the user from the costs and consequences of health care is wrong. Employer-paid health care has proven to be a poor solution to health care, and government-paid health care will be even worse. Ambulance chasers, CYA medical practices and Mediscams are resulting market distortions

The True American Achilles Heel

Ken1588 Wrote: Apr 18, 2012 2:30 PM
Charles, we are no longer an agrarian economy. Damn few have to get up to milk the cows. The internet runs 24/7 and the economy runs with the internet. The roads can no longer accommodate a rush hour such as you conceive necessary. The rest of your arguments are valid. Math and science scores are slipping. Facebook is not a training ground for commercial computer expertise. Remote interactions do not train people for face to face interpersonal skills.
1 - 7