They've been given an inch and now they're taking a mile. As we've reported here at Townhall, Democrats promised to cut spending as part of the fiscal cliff deal, so long as tax rates went up on the "rich," or in other words, anybody who earns a paycheck. As a reminder, the fiscal cliff deal gave us $41 in tax hikes for every $1 in spending cuts. On top of that, let's not forget about the $1 trillion ObamaCare tax hike also buried in the fiscal cliff. Now, Democrats are planning to squeeze taxpayers for another cool $1 trillion...
In response to:
LOL!!! Doesn't matter if it were 10 TRILLION in tax hikes, it's just NEVER enough for the filthy stinking DEMOCOMMIES in fantasy ObammerLand!!!
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago