Ericynot wrote: The sad truth is that government agencies at all levels overreach. Cops stop you, find that you're carrying $10,000 in cash, and seize it (along with your car) on suspicion that you're involved in the drug trade -- no charges or conviction necessary. Maybe you get your stuff back, maybe you don't. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person and they can lock you up indefinitely on suspicion of fomenting terrorism. Our Constitutional freedoms are under assault at all levels. The EPA can also mess with our stuff, but at least they've done some demonstrable good -- I...
In response to:
It needs to be in place of the tax as it is now. Not in addition to. I've always thought a flat sales tax of ten percent would be fair. Low cost items would be taxed the same as high priced items.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014