Ericynot wrote: The sad truth is that government agencies at all levels overreach. Cops stop you, find that you're carrying $10,000 in cash, and seize it (along with your car) on suspicion that you're involved in the drug trade -- no charges or conviction necessary. Maybe you get your stuff back, maybe you don't. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person and they can lock you up indefinitely on suspicion of fomenting terrorism. Our Constitutional freedoms are under assault at all levels. The EPA can also mess with our stuff, but at least they've done some demonstrable good -- I...
In response to:
It needs to be in place of the tax as it is now. Not in addition to. I've always thought a flat sales tax of ten percent would be fair. Low cost items would be taxed the same as high priced items.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 10 hours ago