Trying to hold together the country today is doing nothing but holding back the next great evolution of human society: to a world where people have a choice to pick the system they want to live under. I don't want to have to convince people that my way is better for them than the way they choose to live, and I certainly don't want the reverse. This country is perhaps uniquely poised to devolve into separate countries ruled by separate laws and economic systems. This will eventually be the way humans live: with complete freedom of choice. What's holding us back now? Obviously the control-freak liberals for one, but also conservatives who get a secret kick out of having a claim to be the world's only superpower. And to that, I have to admit in all honesty that I get it. However, I also realize that the more we do, the more we are hated. And that to try to protect a world that despises us for helping has driven me to conclude--with not just a bit of venom--that they deserve what they end up with. We have two bodies of water that will protect us from invasion from any potentially hostile nations. And, frankly, at this point I think I would derive just as much pleasure seeing the rest of the world succumb to its baser instincts--and then have to beg us for help--than to hold on to this idea of the great (hated) superpower. So, fellow conservatives, drop the old way and let's show the rest of the world how its done . . . once again.
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 23 mins ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago