Republicans have gotten their backsides kicked in the last two presidential election cycles, which are essentially the "Super Bowls" of American politics. The party's standard-bearers have lost the popular vote in five of the last six contests, with the lone exception of President Bush's 2004 re-election. Bluntly stated, the GOP's national political model is broken. The Republican National Committee has just published an exhaustive report about what went wrong in 2012, when a Democratic president with mediocre approval ratings and historically poor economic indicators won a second term by a comfortable, 3.5 million vote margin. The political bubble and its inhabitants...
In response to:
While we are on the subject of "re-branding".... It's time for a new party chair. One that didn't go on Levin's show and promise that the party would help Bachmann retain her seat against a multi billionaire lib that only lost by 1500 votes. Reince sent her ZER0. Reince, like Rove and Boehner and Jeb Bush, have GOT to go. They blow........
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 20 mins ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago