Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
If parasites like you cared about country instead of party. it may warrant a tad bit of scorn. You people and your whole detestable "party" are selfish traitors
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 10 hours ago