The best opportunities arise when there is a "divergence from the consensus." This phrase often refers to analysts' profit forecasts, and the wide range of estimates spells opportunity if you know on which side of the fence to land.
Yet there is another type of consensus that can yield opportunities -- when most individual investors have concluded that a particular industry is headed for good or bad times. That's when it's often smart to go against the crowd.
Indeed, I think I've found that both of these opportunities when it...
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 20 hours ago