The best opportunities arise when there is a "divergence from the consensus." This phrase often refers to analysts' profit forecasts, and the wide range of estimates spells opportunity if you know on which side of the fence to land.
Yet there is another type of consensus that can yield opportunities -- when most individual investors have concluded that a particular industry is headed for good or bad times. That's when it's often smart to go against the crowd.
Indeed, I think I've found that both of these opportunities when it...
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago