Here's further proof that "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" was a grand misnomer: the House Ways and Means Committee has released a report revealing that the healthcare reform law provides financial incetives for companies to drop insurance coverage. The employer mandate -- requiring that companies with over 50 employees either offer insurance of a certain value or pay a fine -- actually makes it cheaper for these companies to pay the fine.
The promise that you can keep your plan if you like it? Well...that's not up to you, is it?
In total, the 71...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago