No. Because at the end...
When I was a teen, I was kinda intimidated when a couple of gays came onto to me, they were friends and I did my best to extract myself without offending them. As I grew older and entered my career, I became acquainted with the "professional gay" whose characteristics I quickly learned to appreciate. Intelligent, competent, conscientous and helpful. You can't ask for anything more, they were not interested in dating me and we got along well. I am in favor of offering "unions" to gay couples that offer all the benefits as marriage, but not the name. One last thought, this is extremely politically incorrect. Research studies are now indicating a specific gene is related to a individulals sexual orientation. Could this be a genetic disease?
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Activists would have us believe that the issue of marriage is about the “rights” and “equality” of homosexuals. But in reality, the push to redefine marriage is about demanding public approval and celebration of homosexuality. There is a difference. Slot machines are legal in some areas, but if the COO of Chick-fil-a had expressed a personal disapproval of gambling, would slot-machine supporters have demanded a boycott of his restaurants? What about smokers? Would they have lambasted Dan Cathy for expressing that he personally does not approve of smoking?
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 3 hours ago