Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago