You say to remember history and then clearly ignore the most important decade which saw passage of the Voting Rights Ac and the Civil Rights Act. After their passage the Dixiecrats within the Democratic Party began to migrate over to the Republican Party having felt betrayed by their brethren and feeling a kinship with the Republicans who had a higher majority percentage voting against both Acts. Having lived my entire life in the south I can honestly say that the Dixiecrat racists didn't suddenly lose their hatred overnight , they just switched parties and shifted everyone to the left and that's why everyone on the extreme far right are all Republican racists. Jeb Bush is a moderate Republican and he's not racist.
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 11 hours ago