You say to remember history and then clearly ignore the most important decade which saw passage of the Voting Rights Ac and the Civil Rights Act. After their passage the Dixiecrats within the Democratic Party began to migrate over to the Republican Party having felt betrayed by their brethren and feeling a kinship with the Republicans who had a higher majority percentage voting against both Acts. Having lived my entire life in the south I can honestly say that the Dixiecrat racists didn't suddenly lose their hatred overnight , they just switched parties and shifted everyone to the left and that's why everyone on the extreme far right are all Republican racists. Jeb Bush is a moderate Republican and he's not racist.
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 53 mins ago
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago