You say to remember history and then clearly ignore the most important decade which saw passage of the Voting Rights Ac and the Civil Rights Act. After their passage the Dixiecrats within the Democratic Party began to migrate over to the Republican Party having felt betrayed by their brethren and feeling a kinship with the Republicans who had a higher majority percentage voting against both Acts. Having lived my entire life in the south I can honestly say that the Dixiecrat racists didn't suddenly lose their hatred overnight , they just switched parties and shifted everyone to the left and that's why everyone on the extreme far right are all Republican racists. Jeb Bush is a moderate Republican and he's not racist.
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 4 hours ago