You say to remember history and then clearly ignore the most important decade which saw passage of the Voting Rights Ac and the Civil Rights Act. After their passage the Dixiecrats within the Democratic Party began to migrate over to the Republican Party having felt betrayed by their brethren and feeling a kinship with the Republicans who had a higher majority percentage voting against both Acts. Having lived my entire life in the south I can honestly say that the Dixiecrat racists didn't suddenly lose their hatred overnight , they just switched parties and shifted everyone to the left and that's why everyone on the extreme far right are all Republican racists. Jeb Bush is a moderate Republican and he's not racist.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 19 hours ago