Back in 2010, I shared a remarkable graph comparing the predictions of economists to what actually happened.
Not surprisingly, the two lines don’t exactly overlap, which explains the old joke that economists have correctly predicted nine of the last five recessions.
It’s not that economists are totally useless. It’s just that they don’t do a very good job when they venture into the filed of macroeconomics, as
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago